You can discover history though song as well. Listen to streaming music from America's past, including songs about the suffrage movement and more, with American Song and Smithsonian Global. From Freegal you can download music (5 songs each week) from women artists singing in a wide variety of styles from a capella to zydeco, and many others in between.
Be sure to mark your calendars for these engaging and fascinating programs about women's history you won't want to miss!
- The Little Woman Who Grew Up: A Visit with Louisa May Alcott will be at Twinbrook on Tuesday, March 7 at 6:30 PM.
- Lilly Stone will be at Bethesda on Wednesday, March 8 at 7:00 PM.
- We Were There Too: Nurses in the Civil War will be at Olney on Saturday, March 11 at 2:00 PM.
- Cancelled: Honoring Trailblazing Women in the Community.
- Welcome to Chestnut Lodge: The Story of Frieda Fromm-Reichmann will be at Rockville Memorial on Sunday, March 19 at 3:00 PM.
- Message or Myth: Quilts and the Underground Railroad will be at Germantown on Tuesday, March 21 at 7:00 PM. Registration is Required.
- Divided Nation, Divided Town: One Woman's Experience will be at Praisner on Saturday, March 25 at 2:00 PM.
We're happy to help you start your journey exploring women's history today at MCPL!