Both the Twinbrook and Kensington Park branches closed for their refresh projects in 2015. Kensington Park is expected to reopen later this year.
- ADA upgrade of the restrooms and parking spaces;
- Two collaboration/conference spaces;
- New combined information and circulation customer service desk;
- Enhanced preschool children's space with new shelving;
- Additional furniture;
- Selective replacement of carpet;
- Outside green space made accessible for programs;
- Additional electrical outlets;
- Enhanced Wi-Fi;
- Digital display; and
- New technology including a 3D Printer, charging station for customers' mobile devices, and in house use laptops for loan.
In the meantime, staff are hard at work at the Twinbrook building and around the MCPL system to get new systems and equipment in place and running.
Additional refresh projects have been announced for the current fiscal year at Aspen Hill, Davis, and Little Falls, as well as for the following fiscal year at Bethesda, Quince Orchard, and White Oak. You can learn more about the facility refresh projects, which were designed to speed up the cycle at which buildings receive necessary renovations and technological improvements, on our website.